Cochran’s Ski Club is dedicated to providing ski race training opportunities to children ages 6 and up in a family oriented environment. Club kids should demonstrate an outward interest in ski racing and have at least advanced beginner ski skills. In addition to training and competition, the club engages in a variety of related social activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family. We encourage every child to participate in some races, regardless of their ski racing ability. We strive to give club kids a sense of accomplishment through improvement in their skiing skills in the context of ski racing. In reaching these objectives we never overlook the fact that the purpose of ski racing or of any competitive sport is to have fun!
Our philosophy is described in The Cochran Way.
Watch this video by our friends at T-Bar Films for a little taste of amazing: https://vimeo.com/67396050
- Cochran’s Ski Club 2018-19 membership application.
- Dryland training 2018
- Training Schedule 2018-19 updated 12-11-18
- All members of Cochran’s Ski Club must also be registered with USSA.
- Here’s our Race Schedule for 2018-19, along with USSA and VARA membership requirements and costs.
- Updates to the Northern Vermont Council (NVC) race schedule can be found on VARA
- Athletes who participate in NVC races must also be registered with VARA.
- Coaches will determine race schedule with U16-U19 athletes.
- Cochran’s Ski Club financial assistance program (applications for this season are due Sept 30, 2018)
- U16+ Program Description
- Ski Club Primer
- Lots of fun pictures and posts on our Facebook page
- Cochran’s Ski Club on-line ski swap
Volunteering at races and other events is at the heart of Ski Club engagement. There are lots of opportunities to help with the 6 USSA races at Cochran’s this winter, starting with the Holiday Slalom on December 29.
Cochran’s Ski & Ride Sale provides about half of Ski Club’s operating budget: the Sale’s success comes from the commitment and hard work of our families, alumni, coaches and community supporters. Learn more about how we help: Ski Sale 2018 Primer for Club Families. Cochran’s Ski Club accepts tax-deductible donations to our Financial Assistance Program, or General Fund. Cochran’s Ski Club, PO Box 104, Richmond, VT 05477. Thank you.
NEWS: Rippers & Racers Day! Sunday, March 3, 10am-12noon. An opportunity for kids ages 6-9 to try out alpine ski racing with Cochran’s Ski Club. Click here for details: Rippers & Racers Day
NEWS: Cochran’s Ski Club is seeking candidates for Head Coach for the 2019-20 season. Click here for details: Cochran’s Ski Club Head Coach Job Description
Email email@example.com with any questions, or fill out the contact form: