Cochran’s Ski Club is dedicated to providing alpine race training opportunities to children ages 6 and up in a family oriented environment. Club kids should demonstrate an outward interest in ski racing and have at least advanced beginner ski skills. In addition to training and competition, the club engages in a variety of related social activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family. We encourage every child to participate in some races, regardless of their ski racing ability. We strive to give club kids a sense of accomplishment through improvement in their skiing skills in the context of ski racing. In reaching these objectives we never overlook the fact that the purpose of ski racing or of any competitive sport is to have fun!
Our mission: Cochran’s Ski Club provides families with a supportive community dedicated to the affordable pursuit of alpine ski racing and a lifelong love of skiing.
Our philosophy is described in The Cochran Way.
Cochran’s Ski & Ride Sale will take place November 4-5, 2023 at Camel’s Hump Middle School in Richmond. The sale was a huge success last year! Thank you for the Club families, vendors, consignors, Camel’s Hump Middle School and our huge supportive community.
- Registration for Cochran’s Ski Club 23-24 season is OPEN, email us and we’ll send you the registration link: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CSC Membership Fees 2023-24, Cochran’s Ski Club has financial assistance available please email email@example.com for the application.
- New to Alpine Racing? Rookie page coming soon! For now, please review our Ski Club Primer and email us for more information.
- Dryland training starts the first Sunday of October. Dryland Training Schedule 2023 Cochran’s Ski Club Dryland Training is open to all ages, regardless of membership.
- On Snow Training Schedule 2023-2024
- Cochran’s Ski Club Coaches Page Coming Soon!
- All members of Cochran’s Ski Club must also be registered with U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association. Visit U.S. Ski & Snowboard for more details, current membership levels shown here: U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alpine Skiing Membership Descriptions 2022-23
- Membership in Vermont Alpine Races Association (VARA) is also required for participation in Northern Vermont Council (NVC) races. Current membership levels are here: Join VARA
- Please note, U.S. Ski & Snowboard and VARA membership fees are not refundable. If you have questions about whether this is right for you, ask! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Race Schedule 2023-24, this scheudle is for U8/10, U12 and U14. U16 races are listed on VARA and the schedule our racers will follow will be determined by coaches at a later date.
- Athletes who participate in NVC races must also be registered with VARA. VARA fees are not refundable.
- Coaches will determine race schedule with U16-U21 athletes.
- Financial assistance is available. If your racer is a U8 or U10 and you need financial assistance, please email email@example.com. For older racers (U12-U14-U16-U18-U21 athletes), we have a Member Financial Assistance Program, please fill out this Financial Assistance Application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be awarded on a rolling basis while funds are available. For any family, Cochran’s Ski Area will waive your pass fee, please just email email@example.com with a request to have your family pass fee waived.
- Additional financial assistance and scholarship opportunities are available from VARA
- U16-U18 Program Description
- Ski Club Primer: Volunteering at races and other events is at the heart of Ski Club engagement. There are lots of opportunities to help with the races!
- Cochran’s Ski Club follows Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies of USS&S. Click here for the MAAPP.
Cochran’s Ski Club accepts tax-deductible donations to our Financial Assistance Program, or General Fund. Donations can be sent via check to Cochran’s Ski Club, PO Box 104, Richmond, VT 05477, via Cochranskiclub.square.site or via Paypal. Cochran’s Ski Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donations are tax-deductible. Thank you.
Interested in Coaching with Cochran’s Ski Club? We are always interested in meeting coaches to complement our existing staff. If you have racing and/or coaching experience and have the interest and enthusiasm you think we’re looking for, please contact Program Director Bobby Farrell: firstname.lastname@example.org, (802)-291-0623.
Cochran’s Ski Club’s Program Director, Bobby Farrell. Bobby coached the U16-19 age group a few seasons ago, is a highly accomplished Division 1 ski racer. While he was raised in Southern VT, Bobby was often on the Cochran hill growing up. (You might remember that his father, Jim Farrell – Cochran’s current Head U16-19 coach – was THE original Cochran’s racer.) Bobby is a long time friend of the Cochran family and is well-steeped in the Cochran Way. He understands the importance of the collaborative relationship between the Ski Area and the Ski Club as well as the importance of keeping things fun. Bobby has a Master’s degree in mechanical engineering from UVM, and when he’s not focused on our athletes, provides his engineering expertise to ski areas. He’s often accompanied by his friendly beast Nala, and oh yeah, he’s a new Dad!
Equipment Tips: VARA created a guide to help with Alpine Race equipment selection: VARA Equipment Sizing and Tips 2019. And check this too: Helmet shopping tips. If you need help with equipment – finding it or paying for it – please contact our Program Director, email@example.com
RACING AT COCHRAN’S:
- If you need help with registrations, cancellations and other questions about U.S. Ski & Snowboard/VARA races at Cochran’s Ski Area, please email RaceAdmin@cochranskiclub.com.
- Click here for Cochran’s Ski Area Race Day Medical Plan
- Cochran’s supports the Clean Hill Initiative. Please follow this link and view the 15 minute video, you’ll understand why!
- Cochran’s Ski Club proudly supports and receives support to promote alpine racing safety from the Kelly Brush Foundation
- Gate Keepers orientation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc8ifaVrQ04
- Cochran’s Ski Club’s home hill race schedule for the 2023-24 season will be posted here after the plans are set. Spectators are welcome! Race registration through adminskiracing.com
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.