Cochran’s Ski Club is seeking donations for our Financial Assistance Fund, to support kids who want to continue with Ski Club this season but may need a little help to meet costs. Donations are tax-deductible. See instructions below for sending via Paypal or check. Thank you!
Cochran’s Ski Club is dedicated to providing alpine race training opportunities to children ages 6 and up in a family oriented environment. Club kids should demonstrate an outward interest in ski racing and have at least advanced beginner ski skills. In addition to training and competition, the club engages in a variety of related social activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family. We encourage every child to participate in some races, regardless of their ski racing ability. We strive to give club kids a sense of accomplishment through improvement in their skiing skills in the context of ski racing. In reaching these objectives we never overlook the fact that the purpose of ski racing or of any competitive sport is to have fun!
Our philosophy is described in The Cochran Way.
Watch this video by our friends at T-Bar Films for a little taste of amazing: https://vimeo.com/67396050
- Cochran’s Ski Club membership applications for the 20-21 season will be available in August, email us if you’d like to be on our mailing list! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dryland training 2020 begins mid-September at Cochran’s Ski Area.
- Training Schedule for 2020-21 will be updated this fall. We anticipate changes to help keep people safe and will comply with the Governor’s direction on group sizes and all other precautions.
- Cochran’s Ski Club Coaches Coming Soon!
- All members of Cochran’s Ski Club must also be registered with U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association. Please note USS&S will not refund membership fees. If you are new to Cochran’s Ski Club, please confirm placement before joining USS&S.
- The Race Schedule for 2020-21 is in the works with VARA and USS&S. We will post it here when it’s finalized. Updates to the Northern Vermont Council (NVC) race schedule can be found on VARA
- Athletes who participate in NVC races must also be registered with VARA. VARA fees are not refundable.
- Coaches will determine race schedule with U16-U19 athletes.
- Cochran’s Ski Club Financial Assistance Program Applications for 2020-21 season will be available soon. Completed applications for this season will be due Sept 30, 2020.
- U16+ Program Description
- Ski Club Primer. Volunteering at races and other events is at the heart of Ski Club engagement. There are lots of opportunities to help with the races!
- See lots of fun pictures and posts on our Facebook page
- Cochran’s Ski Club on-line ski swap
Cochran’s Ski & Ride Sale provides about half of Ski Club’s operating budget: the Sale’s success comes from the commitment and hard work of our families, alumni, coaches and community supporters. We are actively working on how to offer a Ski Sale this year. Ski Sale is an important fund-raiser for our organization AND a great way to make sure everyone has the gear they need to enjoy winter affordably, so we will do our best to carry on, considering the pandemic. Stay tuned.
Cochran’s Ski Club accepts tax-deductible donations to our Financial Assistance Program, or General Fund. Donations can be sent via check to Cochran’s Ski Club, PO Box 104, Richmond, VT 05477, or via Paypal:
- Login to your PayPal account (or set one up – if you link your bank to the account you will not be charged a fee for “sending to a friend”)
- Find “send & request” in the header. IMPORTANT, choose “sending to a friend.” The default “paying for an item or service” will deduct a percentage from your donation and give it to PayPal instead!
- send money to: email@example.com (this is a unique gmail for use with PayPal – not for regular communications)
- enter $ amount
Calling all Cochran’s Ski Club Alumni! We’re looking forward to celebrating 50 years of Cochran’s Ski Club in 2022, and want to connect with our entire ski club family for a celebration. Please send us an email to make sure we know how to get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 precautions caused an early end to our 2019-20 season. We were very sorry to have to end training and racing so abruptly. We are working on a variety of possibilities to resume all of the activities that keep our Cochran’s Ski Club happy, connected and strong! So stay with us, stay in touch, and look forward to good things to come. VARA has posted a collection of return-to-sport guidelines and best practices.
Cochran’s Ski Club has a new Program Director. Bobby Farrell, whom some of you may have met when he coached the U16-19 age group 2 seasons ago, is a highly accomplished Division 1 ski racer. While he was raised in Southern VT, Bobby was often on the Cochran hill growing up. (You might remember that his father, Jim Farrell – Cochran’s current Head U16-19 coach – was the original Cochran’s racer.) Bobby is a long time friend of the Cochran family and is well-steeped in the Cochran Way. He understands the importance of the collaborative relationship between the Ski Area and the Ski Club as well as the importance of keeping things fun. Bobby has a Master’s degree in mechanical engineering from UVM, and when he’s not focused on our athletes, provides his engineering expertise to ski areas.
RACING AT COCHRAN’S:
- Cochran’s Ski Club’s Race Secretary, Wendy Gagliardi, is the person to contact about registrations, cancellations and other questions about USS&SA/VARA races at Cochran’s Ski Area. Email email@example.com.
- Click here for Cochran’s Ski Area Race Day Medical Plan
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.