Cochran’s Ski Club is dedicated to providing alpine race training opportunities to children ages 6 and up in a family oriented environment. Club kids should demonstrate an outward interest in ski racing and have at least advanced beginner ski skills. In addition to training and competition, the club engages in a variety of related social activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family. We encourage every child to participate in some races, regardless of their ski racing ability. We strive to give club kids a sense of accomplishment through improvement in their skiing skills in the context of ski racing. In reaching these objectives we never overlook the fact that the purpose of ski racing or of any competitive sport is to have fun!
Our mission: Cochran’s Ski Club provides families with a supportive community dedicated to the affordable pursuit of alpine ski racing and a lifelong love of skiing.
Our philosophy is described in The Cochran Way.
Watch this video by our friends at T-Bar Films for a little taste of amazing: https://vimeo.com/67396050
Back by popular demand! Cochran’s Neckies and Rope-Rip-Repeat Shirts are available for purchase online, shipping to VT and NH addresses or email us to pickup
- Cochran’s Ski Club membership registrations for the 21-22 season is open, email us for the registration packet! email@example.com. Cochran’s Ski Club membership fees: Membership Fees 2021-22
- Dryland training 2021 begins October 3 at Cochran’s Ski Area. Here’s the schedule Dryland Training Schedule (updated 10/7/21) Cochran’s Ski Club Dryland Training is open to all ages, regardless of membership. Print and sign our Waiver and Good Health & Safe Practices form, and bring it to your first dryland, and RSVP.
- On-snow training Schedule has been updated again (10/7/21)! Training Schedule 2021-22. This schedule may be updated some more, stay tuned and stay flexible.
- We’ve updated our Cochran’s Ski Club COVID-19 Guidelines
- Cochran’s Ski Club Coaches Coming Soon!
- All members of Cochran’s Ski Club must also be registered with U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association. Visit USS&S for more details, current membership levels shown here: USS&S Alpine Skiing Membership Descriptions
- Membership in Vermont Alpine Races Association (VARA) is also required for participation in Northern Vermont Council (NVC) races. Current membership levels are here: Join VARA
- Please note, USS&S and VARA membership fees are not refundable. If you have questions about whether this is right for you, ask! firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Race Schedule for 2021-22 is in the works with VARA and USS&S. Coaches will provide athletes with race schedules. Updates to the Northern Vermont Council (NVC) race schedule can be found on VARA
- Athletes who participate in NVC races must also be registered with VARA. VARA fees are not refundable.
- Coaches will determine race schedule with U16-U19 athletes.
- Financial assistance is available. If your aspiring ski racer is a U8 or U10 and you need financial assistance, please email email@example.com. For older racers (U12-U14-U16-U18-U21 athletes), we have a Member Financial Assistance Program, here’s the application: Cochran’s Ski Club Member Financial Assistance Program application. These applications are due by September 30. For any family, Cochran’s Ski Area will waive your pass fee, so again, just let us know.
- U16+ Program Description
- Ski Club Primer: Volunteering at races and other events is at the heart of Ski Club engagement. There are lots of opportunities to help with the races!
- See lots of fun pictures and posts on our Facebook page
- Cochran’s Ski Club follows Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies of USS&S. Click here for the MAAPP.
Cochran’s Ski Club accepts tax-deductible donations to our Financial Assistance Program, or General Fund. Donations can be sent via check to Cochran’s Ski Club, PO Box 104, Richmond, VT 05477, via Cochranskiclub.square.site or via Paypal.
Cochran’s Ski Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donations are tax-deductible. Thank you.
Interested in Coaching with Cochran’s Ski Club? We are seeking coaches to complement our existing staff and we have coaching needs for U8 through U18 age groups. If you have racing and/or coaching experience and have the interest and enthusiasm we’re looking for, please contact Program Director Bobby Farrell: firstname.lastname@example.org, (802)-291-0623.
Calling all Cochran’s Ski Club Alumni! We’re hoping to celebrate 50 years of Cochran’s Ski Club in 2022, and want to connect with our entire ski club family. Please send us an email to make sure we know how to get in touch: email@example.com
Meet Cochran’s Ski Club’s Program Director. Bobby Farrell, whom some of you may have met when he coached the U16-19 age group 2 seasons ago, is a highly accomplished Division 1 ski racer. While he was raised in Southern VT, Bobby was often on the Cochran hill growing up. (You might remember that his father, Jim Farrell – Cochran’s current Head U16-19 coach – was the original Cochran’s racer.) Bobby is a long time friend of the Cochran family and is well-steeped in the Cochran Way. He understands the importance of the collaborative relationship between the Ski Area and the Ski Club as well as the importance of keeping things fun. Bobby has a Master’s degree in mechanical engineering from UVM, and when he’s not focused on our athletes, provides his engineering expertise to ski areas.
Equipment Tips: VARA created a guide to help with Alpine Race equipment selection: VARA Equipment Sizing and Tips 2019. And check this too: Helmet shopping tips. If you need help with equipment – finding it or paying for it – please contact our Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
RACING AT COCHRAN’S:
- Cochran’s Ski Club’s Race Secretary, Wendy Gagliardi, is the person to contact about registrations, cancellations and other questions about USS&S/VARA races at Cochran’s Ski Area. Email email@example.com.
- Click here for Cochran’s Ski Area Race Day Medical Plan
- Cochran’s supports the Clean Hill Initiative. Please follow this link and view the 15 minute video, you’ll understand why!
- RACE SCHEDULE 2022
- Gate Keepers orientation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc8ifaVrQ04
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.