Cochran’s Ski & Ride Sale 2020 is happening! We want to make sure everyone can enjoy winter with good deals on gear. To keep the event as safe as possible, Cochran’s Ski & Ride Sale will be on-line this year! We’re making it easy for you to consign, shop and pickup your purchases. Click here:
Cochran’s Ski Club is dedicated to providing alpine race training opportunities to children ages 6 and up in a family oriented environment. Club kids should demonstrate an outward interest in ski racing and have at least advanced beginner ski skills. In addition to training and competition, the club engages in a variety of related social activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family. We encourage every child to participate in some races, regardless of their ski racing ability. We strive to give club kids a sense of accomplishment through improvement in their skiing skills in the context of ski racing. In reaching these objectives we never overlook the fact that the purpose of ski racing or of any competitive sport is to have fun!
Our philosophy is described in The Cochran Way.
Watch this video by our friends at T-Bar Films for a little taste of amazing: https://vimeo.com/67396050
- Cochran’s Ski Club membership registrations for the 20-21 season will be available in September, email us if you’d like to be on our mailing list! email@example.com. You can preview membership fees here: Membership Fees 2020-21
- Yes we have COVID-19 guidelines. You can view our current guidelines for Cochran’s Ski Club here: Cochran’s Ski Club COVID-19 Guidelines
- Dryland training 2020 begins September 27 at Cochran’s Ski Area. Here’s the full schedule: Dryland Training Schedule 2020
- On-snow training Schedule for 2020-21 is now available: Training Schedule 2021. We anticipate changes to help keep people safe and will comply with the Governor’s direction on group sizes and all other precautions.
- Cochran’s Ski Club Coaches Coming Soon!
- All members of Cochran’s Ski Club must also be registered with U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association. Please note USS&S will not refund membership fees. If you are new to Cochran’s Ski Club, please confirm placement before joining USS&S.
- The Race Schedule for 2020-21 is in the works with VARA and USS&S. We will post it here when it’s finalized. Updates to the Northern Vermont Council (NVC) race schedule can be found on VARA
- Athletes who participate in NVC races must also be registered with VARA. VARA fees are not refundable.
- Coaches will determine race schedule with U16-U19 athletes.
- Cochran’s Ski Club Member Financial Assistance applications for 2020-21 season are now available. Click here: Cochran’s Ski Club Member Financial Assistance. Completed financial assistance applications for this season will be due Sept 30, 2020.
- U16+ Program Description
- Ski Club Primer. Volunteering at races and other events is at the heart of Ski Club engagement. There are lots of opportunities to help with the races!
- See lots of fun pictures and posts on our Facebook page
- Cochran’s Ski Club follows Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies of USS&S. Click here for the MAAPP.
Cochran’s Ski Club accepts tax-deductible donations to our Financial Assistance Program, or General Fund. Donations can be sent via check to Cochran’s Ski Club, PO Box 104, Richmond, VT 05477, via Cochranskiclub.square.site or via Paypal.
Cochran’s Ski Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donations are tax-deductible. Thank you.
For another fun way to show your support, you can now purchase Cochran’s Ski Club Neckies, Water Bottles and T-shirts on-line, any time!
We’re hiring! Cochran’s Ski Club is seeking Coaches for our U8/10 and U12 groups for the upcoming season. Please contact Program Director Bobby Farrell (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested.
Calling all Cochran’s Ski Club Alumni! We’re looking forward to celebrating 50 years of Cochran’s Ski Club in 2022, and want to connect with our entire ski club family for a celebration. Please send us an email to make sure we know how to get in touch: email@example.com
COVID-19 is going to make this season a little different, and with true Cochran’s spirit, it will be one of the best! You can review organizational changes here: USS&S COVID-19 Alpine Domestic Competitions Guidance. VARA has posted a collection of return-to-sport guidelines and best practices.
Cochran’s Ski Club has a new Program Director. Bobby Farrell, whom some of you may have met when he coached the U16-19 age group 2 seasons ago, is a highly accomplished Division 1 ski racer. While he was raised in Southern VT, Bobby was often on the Cochran hill growing up. (You might remember that his father, Jim Farrell – Cochran’s current Head U16-19 coach – was the original Cochran’s racer.) Bobby is a long time friend of the Cochran family and is well-steeped in the Cochran Way. He understands the importance of the collaborative relationship between the Ski Area and the Ski Club as well as the importance of keeping things fun. Bobby has a Master’s degree in mechanical engineering from UVM, and when he’s not focused on our athletes, provides his engineering expertise to ski areas.
RACING AT COCHRAN’S:
- Cochran’s Ski Club’s Race Secretary, Wendy Gagliardi, is the person to contact about registrations, cancellations and other questions about USS&S/VARA races at Cochran’s Ski Area. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here for Cochran’s Ski Area Race Day Medical Plan
Email email@example.com with any questions.