Cochran’s Ski Club is dedicated to providing alpine race training opportunities to children ages 6 and up in a family oriented environment. Club kids should demonstrate an outward interest in ski racing and have at least advanced beginner ski skills. In addition to training and competition, the club engages in a variety of related social activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family. We encourage every child to participate in some races, regardless of their ski racing ability. We strive to give club kids a sense of accomplishment through improvement in their skiing skills in the context of ski racing. In reaching these objectives we never overlook the fact that the purpose of ski racing or of any competitive sport is to have fun!
Our philosophy is described in The Cochran Way.
Watch this video by our friends at T-Bar Films for a little taste of amazing: https://vimeo.com/67396050
- Cochran’s Ski Club membership applications for the 20-21 season will be available in August, email us if you’d like to be on our mailing list! email@example.com
- Dryland training 2020 begins mid-September at Cochran’s Ski Area.
- Training Schedule 2019-20
- Cochran’s Ski Club Coaches Coming Soon!
- All members of Cochran’s Ski Club must also be registered with U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association.
- Race Schedule for 2019-20 has been finalized, posted 10-7-19
- Updates to the Northern Vermont Council (NVC) race schedule can be found on VARA
- Athletes who participate in NVC races must also be registered with VARA.
- Coaches will determine race schedule with U16-U19 athletes.
- Cochran’s Ski Club Financial Assistance Program Application (applications for this season are due Sept 30, 2019)
- U16+ Program Description
- Ski Club Primer
- Lots of fun pictures and posts on our Facebook page
- Cochran’s Ski Club on-line ski swap
Volunteering at races and other events is at the heart of Ski Club engagement. There are lots of opportunities to help with the races! Next Club race events are U16 GTS Slalom on March 15, and Thank God For Snow Making Slalom on March 28.
Cochran’s Ski & Ride Sale provides about half of Ski Club’s operating budget: the Sale’s success comes from the commitment and hard work of our families, alumni, coaches and community supporters. Learn more about how we help: Ski Club Primer for Families 2019. Cochran’s Ski Club accepts tax-deductible donations to our Financial Assistance Program, or General Fund. Cochran’s Ski Club, PO Box 104, Richmond, VT 05477. Thank you.
Cochran’s Ski Sale 2020 will be November 6 (consignment drop-off), and Saturday November 7 – Sunday November 8, at Camel’s Hump Middle School in Richmond VT. Stay tuned for details!
NEWS: Cochran’s Ski Club is hiring a Program Director for 20-21 season and beyond. Click here for details: Cochran’s Ski Club Program Director Job Description. Inquiries and applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWS: updates to USS&S rules and guidelines from the 2019 Alpine Congress and FIS update, summary available here: August 2019 ASC and FIS Update
RACING AT COCHRAN’S:
- Cochran’s Ski Club’s Race Secretary, Wendy Gagliardi, is the person to contact about registrations, cancellations and other questions about USS&SA/VARA races at Cochran’s Ski Area. Email email@example.com.
- Click here for Cochran’s Ski Area Race Day Medical Plan
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.