Cochran’s Ski Club is dedicated to providing alpine race training opportunities to children ages 6 and up in a family oriented environment. Club kids should demonstrate an outward interest in ski racing and have at least advanced beginner ski skills. In addition to training and competition, the club engages in a variety of related social activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family. We encourage every child to participate in some races, regardless of their ski racing ability. We strive to give club kids a sense of accomplishment through improvement in their skiing skills in the context of ski racing. In reaching these objectives we never overlook the fact that the purpose of ski racing or of any competitive sport is to have fun!
Our philosophy is described in The Cochran Way.
Watch this video by our friends at T-Bar Films for a little taste of amazing: https://vimeo.com/67396050
- Cochran’s Ski Club 2019-20 membership applications are now available. Click here: Cochran’s Ski Club Application 2019-20
- Dryland training 2019 begins Sunday September 29 at Cochran’s Ski Area. Click here for the full schedule: Dryland training 2019
- Training Schedule 2019-20
- Cochran’s Ski Club Coaches Coming Soon!
- All members of Cochran’s Ski Club must also be registered with USSA.
- Race Schedule for 2019-20 will be updated in the fall, or as soon as it’s finalized by VARA.
- Updates to the Northern Vermont Council (NVC) race schedule can be found on VARA
- Athletes who participate in NVC races must also be registered with VARA.
- Coaches will determine race schedule with U16-U19 athletes.
- Cochran’s Ski Club Financial Assistance Program Application (applications for next season are due Sept 30, 2019)
- U16+ Program Description
- Ski Club Primer
- Lots of fun pictures and posts on our Facebook page
- Cochran’s Ski Club on-line ski swap
Volunteering at races and other events is at the heart of Ski Club engagement. There are lots of opportunities to help with the races at Cochran’s next winter, starting with the Holiday Slalom in December 2019.
Cochran’s Ski & Ride Sale provides about half of Ski Club’s operating budget: the Sale’s success comes from the commitment and hard work of our families, alumni, coaches and community supporters. Learn more about how we help: Ski Sale 2018 Primer for Club Families. Cochran’s Ski Club accepts tax-deductible donations to our Financial Assistance Program, or General Fund. Cochran’s Ski Club, PO Box 104, Richmond, VT 05477. Thank you.
Cochran’s Ski Sale 2019 will be November 1 (consignment drop-off), and Saturday November 2 – Sunday November 3, at Camel’s Hump Middle School in Richmond VT. Stay tuned for details!
***IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR NEW FAMILIES*** our membership lists are filling up quickly! If you are new to Cochran’s Ski Club, PLEASE contact us using the email or contact form shown below BEFORE getting your USSA or VARA memberships, so we can advise you on wait list status before you spend that money. USSA and VARA membership fees are non-refundable. (posted 9/5/19)
NEWS: updates to USSA rules and guidelines from the 2019 Alpine Congress and FIS update, summary available here: August 2019 ASC and FIS Update
Email email@example.com with any questions, or fill out the contact form: