Cochran’s Ski Club is dedicated to providing alpine race training opportunities to children ages 6 and up in a family oriented environment. Club kids should demonstrate an outward interest in ski racing and have at least advanced beginner ski skills. In addition to training and competition, the club engages in a variety of related social activities that can be enjoyed by the whole family. We encourage every child to participate in some races, regardless of their ski racing ability. We strive to give club kids a sense of accomplishment through improvement in their skiing skills in the context of ski racing. In reaching these objectives we never overlook the fact that the purpose of ski racing or of any competitive sport is to have fun!
Our mission: Cochran’s Ski Club provides families with a supportive community dedicated to the affordable pursuit of alpine ski racing and a lifelong love of skiing.
Our philosophy is described in The Cochran Way.
Watch this video by our friends at T-Bar Films for a little taste of amazing: https://vimeo.com/67396050
Cochran’s Ski & Ride Sale was a huge success! Thank you for the Club families, vendors, consignors, Camel’s Hump Middle School and our huge supportive community. Mark your calendars for Ski & Ride Sale 2023: November 4-5. Think Snow!
- Registration for Cochran’s Ski Club 22-23 season is now open, email us and we’ll send you the registration link: email@example.com.
- Cochran’s Ski Club membership fees
- New to Alpine Racing? Rookie page coming soon! For now, please review our Ski Club Primer and email us for more information.
- Interested in the Rippers program? This intro to racing camp for kids ages 5 and up is run by Cochran’s Ski Area, details and registration linked here
- Dryland training starts Sunday, Oct. 2, here’s the full schedule:Dryland Training Schedule, updated. Cochran’s Ski Club Dryland Training is open to all ages, regardless of membership.
- On-snow training Schedule has just been updated for 2022-23: Training Schedule
- Cochran’s Ski Club Coaches Page Coming Soon!
- All members of Cochran’s Ski Club must also be registered with U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association. Visit U.S. Ski & Snowboard for more details, current membership levels shown here: U.S. Ski & Snowboard Alpine Skiing Membership Descriptions 2022-23
- Membership in Vermont Alpine Races Association (VARA) is also required for participation in Northern Vermont Council (NVC) races. Current membership levels are here: Join VARA
- Please note, U.S. Ski & Snowboard and VARA membership fees are not refundable. If you have questions about whether this is right for you, ask! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Race Schedule Cochran’s Ski Club 2022-2023 Race Schedule Updates to the Northern Vermont Council (NVC) race schedule can be found on VARA
- Athletes who participate in NVC races must also be registered with VARA. VARA fees are not refundable.
- Coaches will determine race schedule with U16-U21 athletes.
- Financial assistance is available, updated this season to welcome both new and returning athletes. If your racer is a U8 or U10 and you need financial assistance, please email email@example.com. For older racers (U12-U14-U16-U18-U21 athletes), we have a Member Financial Assistance Program, here’s the application: Cochran’s Ski Club Member Financial Assistance Application. Member Financial Assistance applications should be received by October 9; and awards made by October 15. Applications received after the due date will be awarded on a rolling basis while funds are available. For any family, Cochran’s Ski Area will waive your pass fee, so again, just let us know.
- Additional financial assistance and scholarship opportunities are available from VARA
- U16-U18 Program Description
- Ski Club Primer: Volunteering at races and other events is at the heart of Ski Club engagement. There are lots of opportunities to help with the races!
- See lots of fun pictures and posts on our Facebook page
- Cochran’s Ski Club follows Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies of USS&S. Click here for the MAAPP.
- At this time COVID-19 is still a concern in our communities. Please stay up to date on your vaccines, stay home if you are sick, test when appropriate and consider wearing a mask. Watch for updates to guidance from Cochran’s and the Vermont Department of Health.
Cochran’s Ski Club accepts tax-deductible donations to our Financial Assistance Program, or General Fund. Donations can be sent via check to Cochran’s Ski Club, PO Box 104, Richmond, VT 05477, via Cochranskiclub.square.site or via Paypal. Cochran’s Ski Club is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Your donations are tax-deductible. Thank you.
Buy ski Club Neckies
Interested in Coaching with Cochran’s Ski Club? We are always interested in meeting coaches to complement our existing staff. If you have racing and/or coaching experience and have the interest and enthusiasm you think we’re looking for, please contact Program Director Bobby Farrell: firstname.lastname@example.org, (802)-291-0623.
Cochran’s Ski Club’s Program Director, Bobby Farrell. Bobby coached the U16-19 age group a few seasons ago, is a highly accomplished Division 1 ski racer. While he was raised in Southern VT, Bobby was often on the Cochran hill growing up. (You might remember that his father, Jim Farrell – Cochran’s current Head U16-19 coach – was THE original Cochran’s racer.) Bobby is a long time friend of the Cochran family and is well-steeped in the Cochran Way. He understands the importance of the collaborative relationship between the Ski Area and the Ski Club as well as the importance of keeping things fun. Bobby has a Master’s degree in mechanical engineering from UVM, and when he’s not focused on our athletes, provides his engineering expertise to ski areas. He’s often accompanied by his friendly beast Nala, and oh yeah, he’s a new Dad!
Equipment Tips: VARA created a guide to help with Alpine Race equipment selection: VARA Equipment Sizing and Tips 2019. And check this too: Helmet shopping tips. If you need help with equipment – finding it or paying for it – please contact our Program Director, email@example.com
RACING AT COCHRAN’S:
- If you need help with registrations, cancellations and other questions about U.S. Ski & Snowboard/VARA races at Cochran’s Ski Area, please email RaceAdmin@cochranskiclub.com.
- Click here for Cochran’s Ski Area Race Day Medical Plan
- Cochran’s supports the Clean Hill Initiative. Please follow this link and view the 15 minute video, you’ll understand why!
- Cochran’s Ski Club proudly supports and receives support to promote alpine racing safety from the Kelly Brush Foundation
- Gate Keepers orientation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc8ifaVrQ04
- Cochran’s Ski Club’s home hill race schedule – spectators are welcome! Race registration through adminskiracing.com
- Monday Jan 2 – Holiday Slalom, Vermont Cup (U16+)
- Sunday Jan 8 – Family Fun Race (postponed)
- Sunday, Jan 15 – NVC U14 Full Pole SL
- Sunday, Jan 29 – NVC U12 Dual Panel SL
- Sunday, Feb 19 – Open SL (U16+)
- Sunday Feb 26 – NVC U8-U10 Dual GS
- Tuesday Mar 7 – NVC U8-U10 Town Meeting Day Slalom
- Sunday Mar 25 – Thank God for Snowmaking Slalom (U16+)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.