Thanks for an AMAZING Rope-a-thon! 8600 runs! 4.3 million vertical feet! and $111,000 toward continuing the mission here at Cochran’s! Thanks to all who participated!
Top 3 overall fundraisers:
- Barbara Ann Cochran
- Sue Carpenter
- Ryan Cochran Siegle
- Sebastian Heintz Emilia Livingston (most dollars)
- Austin Wood (most donors)
- Milly Mooney (most dollars)
- Dottie Green (most donors)
- Charlie Brown (most dollars)
- James Bush (most donors)
- Luke Horton (most dollars)
- Raegan Burnett (most donors)
- Sophie Bush (most dollars)
- Penny Webster (tied for most donors)
- Zoey Skapof (tied for most donors)
- George Francisco (most dollars)
- Lily Caputo (most donors)
- Katrina Kajenski (most dollars)
- Jabes Gifford (most donors)
Congrats to the Bush family for gathering the highest number of individual donations!
The Rope-a-thon is the WEEKEND of March 19-21!
We have decided to make the Rope-a-thon a full weekend of festivities! More food, more runs, more fun! The marathon will begin Friday, March 19th at 4pm and end Sunday, March 21st at 4pm. (Fri 4-8 // Sat and Sun 9-4). With additional time, we are doubling our goal: 4 million vertical feet and 8,000 runs! Sponsorships can be made through the weekend and prizes will be announced on Sunday at 4pm. Please join us for any portion of the weekend! Ski Club participants will be given timeslots by age group, coming soon.
Instead of dinner on Friday, we will have food and drinks throughout the weekend: pancakes with syrup from Cochran’s Maple Farm, epic snacks from The Big Spruce, cheddar from Cabot Creamery, ice cream from Ben and Jerry’s, and more!
Sign up for free and ask friends and family to sponsor you with the links below.
Each year, Cochran’s serves thousands of local schoolkids, racers, and families; regardless of their ability to pay. As a non-profit, the Rope-a-Thon is our most important annual fundraiser; we need your support to continue our mission of keeping skiing and riding affordable and accessible to all! Thank you for everything you do for our community. Cochran’s runs on a tight budget and every donation makes a big difference. Let’s make sure we can do it all again next year!
STEP 1: Sign up (for free) here!
STEP 2: Send out word to all your contacts to sponsor you. Click here for what to write all your peeps
STEP 3: Come celebrate on the weekend of March 19-21 by skiing a maximum number of runs on the rope-tow! Our goal is to ski 4,000,000 vertical feet as a group over the weekend! That’s 8,000 total runs!
(All donations are 100% tax deductible)
- Event is Friday, March 19th through Sunday, March 21st at 4pm. (Fri 4-8 // Sat and Sun 9-4).
- The rope is approx. 250 vert. feet, but since it’s just as hard to go up as it is to ski down, we figure 500 vert. feet credit for every run! 8000 runs equals 4,000,000 vertical feet!
- Food and Fuel provided by The Big Spruce, Cabot, Ben & Jerry’s, Frost, and more!
- There will be an easy panel SL course, two full pole SL courses and a free ski lane.
- Great prizes from Shred, Race Stock Sports, and more!
- 20 sponsors/donors per participant
- $100,000 in Donations (All donations are 100% tax deductible)
For more information please contact Cochran’s Ski Area at 802-434-2479 or email email@example.com.